Below are some links to a number of websites that will support you and your child as they transition to primary school.
1. Click the link below to view the Department of Children and Youth Affairs 'Ready for School' publication. This website provides practical tips to help you prepare your child for Junior Infants.
2. The link below will take you to a wonderful Padlet of resources, curated and shared with us by Sarah Mackey, a primary school teacher. All of the information is aimed at parents, to help ease the transition from pre-school to primary school.
3. Click the link below to view the NPC booklet on transitioning to primary school. This document is packed full of excellent tips and tricks to help you and your child prepare for primary school. We hope you find it useful.
4. The following link provides excellent tips to support you in getting involved in your child's learning.
5. Below is a link to the National Parent's Council website which contains a variety of different booklets that will support you and your child in their transition to primary school.