GAA News from Scoil San Treasa


We had our first training session on a Tuesday in September in Deerpark. We had two more training sessions after that. Finally we had our first match. Ben led the line against St. Michaels. It was a tough game but we came out on top with a good win in Deerpark. The following Tuesday we had another game against St. Attractas. We had a good lead in the first half, but they made a good comeback, however we played very well and luckily got the win. The week after that we were back at home in Deerpark against St. Mary's Rathfarnham. We dominated the first half but they started to come back but we kept on top and in the end had another good win. Our next game was massive because if we won this it was likely that we would win the league. We started strong and held the lead all through the match but the other team started to get some scores. Fortunately it was not enough and we won. In the last few days we were very excited as our final match was approaching. But then our coach (Mr. Maguire) told us that the other team were not in a position to play the match. We were champions! (again)

By Dan and Tom




This year 4th class boys started training in Gaelic football with Mr Cadigan and Mr O’ Domhnaill. In our first match we played Hollypark BNS in a challenge game. In the end it was a draw with both teams closely matched. After this we were meant to play another team for our first league match but they forfeited so we got the points. Next up we played St. Matthews at Deerpark. The first half was in our favour, winning by a good 15 points. The second half was mostly the same with a win. Patrick was popping the ball over the bar. Our next match was in Crumlin. We played St. James. The first half had gone the same way as the last match, although we had our first injury. The second half was in our favour yet again with another win. In Crokes we played St. Michaels. They were a bit better than the other teams. The final score was 12-4 to 3-1 and a good win for us. Next back to Deerpark for our final game and to win the season. We played Kildare Place. The first half was very close but we still were in the lead. We played the second half until the final whistle blew. We were champions. We celebrated well.

A special thanks to Mr. O’ Domhnaill and Mr. Cadigan.