Scoil San Treasa, St. Theresa’s Primary School was established to provide primary education to the parishioners of Mount Merrion. However, pupils of different persuasions attend and their religious outlook is respected. The Catholic ethos of the school is inclusive and all pupils are equally welcome.
At Scoil San Treasa, our mission is the provision of primary education of the highest quality for all our pupils in a happy, safe, Christian environment. While we value high academic achievement, the social, personal and moral development of our pupils is of primary importance and we view the school as a learning organisation which is open to change and innovation while it cherishes the best educational, cultural and religious traditions of our society. Acknowledging that their parents are the primary educators of our children, we are inspired by a shared vision of excellence and we espouse a partnership approach in its pursuit.
Board of Management
The school is administered by a Board of Management under the chairmanship of Orla O'Grady Walshe. The staffing, planning and maintenance of the school is the responsibility of the Board. The Board of Management consists of a committee of eight;
- Two Patron’s Nominees
- Two Parent Nominees
- School Principal and another teacher
- Two other members, proposed by those nominees.
The Parents' Association which represents all parents of children in Scoil San Treasa has an active partnership with the teaching staff and the Board of Management. It is affiliated to the National Parents Council.
Catholic Schedule for Primary Schools
Our School Day
8:40 am School opens
9:00 am Teaching begins
1:20 pm School ends for Junior and Senior Infants
2:20 pm School ends for all other classes
Junior Infants to Second Class
10:10 - 10:20 am Sos
11:50 - 11:20 am Lón
Third Class to Sixth Class
10:30 - 10:40 am Sos
12:30 - 1:00 pm Lón
Home Time - 2:20pm
At the 2:20pm (1st - 6th class) ‘going-home time’, red bollards/traffic cones will be in place-
- at the front of the school (near the Church)
- at the Trees Ave access point.
If you (or another adult) are/is collecting your child/ren - please note the following important safety information:
- We ask that all parents/minders remain outside of the red bollards - see diagram below (bollards in red).
- Please assign a designated safe place to meet/wait for your child/ren and let your child/ren know to look for you there. The success and safety of this relies on parents remaining outside of the red bollards.
- As always, the infants can be collected from the yard at 1:20pm. Details of this plan have been issued to the parents of junior infants in a separate document.
- Parents are reminded to maintain physical distancing while waiting for the children.
These arrangements, you will understand, are in the interest of safety for all.